Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Like french fries and salt

He completes me,
we are like peanut butter and jelly,
peas and carrots, Romeo and Juliet,
root beer and pizza, The Lone Ranger and Tonto
Snoopy and Charlie, Laurel and Hardy


(And I'm not talking about the dog)

Feeling grateful and especially blessed lately with my husband
Like "iron sharpens iron", he is good for me
Yesterday I found myself in the middle of the afternoon feeling very anxious
and concerned about a couple of different issues
my mind kept going off on rabbit trails and exaggerated & unpleasant end results
In the past I've found myself prone to call a friend first, in the midst of
the anxiety

Not yesterday.........THIS is where I chose to implement my more recent
"crisis game plan"
it's called.....wait for it.....................G G G!
How about that?
My 3 G's stand for........God, Greg and Girlfriends
This would be the priority order of "go to peeps" (Did I just refer to God as a peep?)
I chose to give it to God first, spent some time praying and reading
and found great comfort and calm :)
And then my second G came home from work
lucky for me, A and Z were in their bedrooms, enduring consequences for bickering
and bugging and being ugly to each other
So I got my second G ALL TO MYSELF...for quite a long while
I listened to his day and then he listened to me.............

I LOVE how his perspective on my "issues" brought more
comfort and calm :)
the balance in our personalities, of our views, it's a good thing
it's a God thing
So thankful for him
after talking with me, and after finishing his lovingly made
meatball sandwich and side salad.....
HE sat for 45 minutes with our children and led what I would call
maybe a quarterly, necessary discussion about the
importance of taking the high road if you feel you've been wronged,
zipping your lip, and most importantly choosing to show love
to the other instead of choosing selfishness
He did this after a 10 hour work day, and with the patience of a saint

I'm grateful for him
Happy to be the ying to his yang :)





2 comments:

  1. Love your post! You are blessed with a wonderful husband and children!!!
    P.S. I hope I am one of those 3rd "G's"!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, I love this post Cherie! Go Greg :).

    ReplyDelete