Monday, November 1, 2010

Good Neighbors in another Zipcode

Last weekend our family got to hang out with "the I fam"
in Junction City
They are loving country life these days
and great hosts that they are, invited us for homemade pizza
K had asked if I would mind taking some pictures
of their family for potential Christmas card material
I thought this was a great idea and asked
the same favor of her
The picture below was the best one but I've
decided not to use it for our card
I would love to show you the great picture that K chose
for their card but don't wanna beat her to it
(you may just get a card from them)





I gave Jon a silly hat in this photo because it seemed like
he was acting like a kid in every pic




I had brought with me a fun and yummy kid-craft
mini caramel apples
they were a hit with the kids and the adults
Using a melon ball utensil
you scoop mini apple balls from your apple
I found you can get 8-10 mini's from one piece of fruit
Then you insert a lollipop stick through
the skin portion of your mini
Dip in caramel or melted peanut butter chips
then dip in fun little sprinkles or whatever you
come up with :)


Next time we make these, I'll try to "perfect"
my mini apple shapes to be.....not so
flat on the bottom
Oh, and I had left my little white lollipop
sticks at home so we used K's colored craft
sticks as an alternative


2 comments:

  1. SO FUN! Glad you shared your pics of your "yummy" craft!!! A wonderful idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SUCH A FUN NIGHT!! THANKS SO MUCH CHERIE!!

    ReplyDelete