Monday, December 20, 2010

My Halls are Decked :)

Here are a few pictures from around our house
the last couple weeks
I've been working quite a bit lately and doing some
hustling and bustling when I'm not

It's fun to work on special projects for people (gifts)
but me oh my, I'll welcome January "uneventful-ness"
I've taken both of the kids on shopping dates and
I've been making my Grandma's special Coconut Bon bons!
Wow!!! She used to make hundreds of them
They are SOO GOOD but take A LOT of time
I think after two tries, tonight I finally perfected
the "dipping in chocolate" process
I was a bon bon dipping DIVA!

Last weekend Zach and Alexa were in the
Christmas Musical at church
It was a fun production
Z was a wise man and had a
little narration part
A did a ribbon dance with four other girls
I got to decorate the set!!
I was so happy with the end result!
I'll post pictures soon

I savor the quiet time in the late evenings lately
after our kids are in bed and the day is almost done...
A lovely time to calm my heart and refocus my
attention in the direction of my Saviour :)
So grateful he came to make a way for me!



This nativity was a gift from brother Doug~love it!
Sweet little angel plays Silent Night
It was ALWAYS on display at my Grandparents home at Christmas
Grandma gave it to me a year before she passed away
I think of her as the centerpiece of all my Christmas decor
This little heart is hanging all year round
My fun polka dot ribbon was the only addition to our decorations
this year, hmmm except for one little ornament
WE enjoy our pellet stove SO much this time of year!
Love it's glow along with the tree lights.

2 comments:

  1. I love walking into your house in the winter time. The pellet stove makes it so warm and cozy :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delightful!LOVE the poka dot ribbon! I think I shall invite myself over for a cup of hot cocoa and sit by your pellet stove!

    ReplyDelete